Search This Blog

Saturday 10 August 2013

Hi.....Just an Update!

So, I have been doing my reduced hours for near on 2 months now and there hasn't been a problem with it at all. The hours are perfect....too perfect in fact!

I start at 8:30am and finish at 1:30pm Monday - Wednesdays.....I only work until 12pm on a Thursday and I still get Fridays off. Its great. I have so much free time on the PM that I don't always know what to do with it.

The best about it? - I actually get paid quite well for the reduced hours. I get roughly £850 for doing 18.5 hours. Its nearly a MINIMUM wage! - Its ace! Ha.

I cannot see me wanting to EVER take my hours up to full time. I have more time for E, more time for photography work and more time for ME! 

Its amazing....it really is. I am not sure everyone in the office appreciates the hours I work....but screw them! 

Work is okay generally - I am milling through my work quite well....although Monday's are my busiest, because of catching up due to a long weekend.....but I manage to get all the stuff completed that needs to be done.

I am feeling a little sad at the moment because two of the people who I get on with the most at work are putting in for early retirement. These are the people I gel with the most and who I talk to the most! :(

I get on with others in the office, but not enough to trust them......there are too many people willing to step over you to get further....too many stress-heads.....and too many people who want to bitch and gossip! - There is one other person who I can gel with......but he sits on the other side of the office. :(

Needless to say, I am now looking at my future with my current employer.....

My big dream.....?

It would be to get more successful with my photography and get more work through that. :)

And as its going, I am getting a LOT of happy customers lately....so hopefully I can be a FULL TIME photographer - rather than appearing like a hobbyist!

No comments:

Post a Comment